Sunday, July 02, 2006

Beach Volley Ball

While many people in the world talking about World Cup, people here in Stavanger are enjoying the beach volley ball tournament as you can see on the above advertisement. It is held every year.

For semi finals and the final they hold it in a close area. We must buy the ticket to go inside. I didn’t buy the ticket coz it’s difficult to go inside with baby carriage so I took the below picture from a far distance. This was the only angle I can get. I’m sorry I couldn’t give you a better picture.

9 Comments:

Blogger Edwin Sumun said...

the pictures are great!

6:46 am  
Anonymous Anne said...

Hey don't say sorry this is a great shot! But doesn't it contradict the nature of a beach volleyball if they hold it indoors?

7:43 am  
Blogger Ovelikios said...

How can a sport which demands from women to wear only a sea panty and to roll themselves on the wet sand, be anything less than monumental?? Hooray for the most beautiful sport in the whole world!!!

8:03 am  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

anne : it's still outdoor. What I meant with close area is that they make fence around the games field. I should explain more detail :)

9:52 am  
Blogger Jazzy said...

Nice advertisment and the photo of the players looks great considering you weren't inside the court.

10:51 am  
Blogger Kala said...

this is an excellent photo!! Great action shot - I love these kinds of photos - beach volleyball is big here too but probably not as big as where you are. We dont have to pay to watch but then again, we dont have big tournaments hehe

12:41 pm  
Blogger luminlight said...

I would go for volleyball over soccer any day! hahah!

8:25 pm  
Blogger Felicia said...

Great photos! It is refreshing to see female athletes too. How old is your baby? I have a 3 year old boy and an 11 month old girl so for me it is sometimes difficult to take photos either because of getting distracted or not having time.

10:45 pm  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Thanks for all of your comments.

felicia : I have two daughters. The first one is 2.5 years old and the second one is 1 year.

7:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home